Friday, August 1, 2008

Time To Take a Deep Breath and Smile

After reading Ronni's post on Time Goes By, I realized that a lot of us could stand to take a break from politics these days and as for me, I'm starting today as well. The TV is off, the music is on, the newspaper is in the trash and I'm going to play with the dogs. My niece will be arriving tomorrow to help me celebrate my 75th birthday, I'm getting a digital camera so I'll have another new toy to play with. The sky is blue, the sun is out, there's a gentle breeze and I'm going to the store to buy something wickedly delicious -- not sure what, but I have no doubt I'll find it.

It's hard not to pay attention to the news and particularly these days, but staying abreast of the current crap is certainly not essential to improving my mind, quite the opposite as a matter of fact, and it surely doesn't contribute to maintaining my sanity or my peace of mind and it adds nothing to my ability to enjoy the beauty of nature that is so plentiful here in the northwest.

So, I'm taking a deep breath, having another look at the You Tube video of the reunion with the lion, named Christian that makes me laugh and cry all at the same time, but good tears. And a happy Friday to you all!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Friday Sylvia and Happy 75th Birthday to you as well. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, enjoy your niece and have something like a sinful dessert. I love to treat myself to some really gooey sweet thing.

Linda said...

What a fun post today. I love it. Eat something for me. I always love sinful food.