Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Evening Thoughts

And so another week is well underway and it's been so beautiful! with lots of sunshine and a cool breeze off the Sound. We may have to wait for summer, but it is well worth the wait!

Even though I don't get out and run around as much as I use to, I love sitting at my desk where the sunshine pours through the window and I can see the fruit trees, the bushes and shrubs -- everything has luxurious amounts of green and different shades of many colors.

And if I try, with just a little effort, I can, for a few hours put aside the darkness of our political landscape, the horrors the woman in New Mexico went through that I wrote about yesterday and updated today. Hopefully, calling attention to this criminal negligence will force some kind of change where others won't have to suffer the same cruel neglect and abuse.

So, this evening, as with many, I try to catalog the good things, the beautiful things, the laughter, the pleasure that are there for me to enjoy each day -- as there are for all of us, we just have to take the time to look. All it takes really for me is to focus on those things rather than the headlines of the day. Not that we ignore them, that will only mean they'll get worse, we have to speak out, we have to stand up, but in order to do that we have to take some time to feed the soul, nuture the spirit. I try to do that every day. I use to just run around like a mad woman, pulling my hair and screeching at -- for want of another audience -- my two faithful dogs, Mojo and Sam. They would just close their eyes and try to ignore me, it always surprised me that they didn't put their paws over their ears. But, hopefully, now I've found better ways to deal with the good and the bad and the ugly, and that's by writing about them -- all of them, because there is the good as well as the others and we need to give that equal time.

So, I turn on the music, pour my one glass of wine for the evening, enjoy the magnificent sunset and look forward to tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: