Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trying to find the right spot

Looking back over the memories of that night in the train station and realizing I had to write it all down as a prod to doing more -- more towards creating a new life for myself. A little over a year ago my son moved me to Seattle. He's my youngest and we get along very well. He's not married, travels a lot and has a dog. He built a lovely space for me, we live in a great neighborhood and after a year of adjustments of one kind or another we're moving into a comfortable mode. Our dogs are great friends and we both feel it was a good move. But it is very different from the life or lives that I've led over the past twenty years.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not 30 or 40 or even 70 any more. I keep being amazed at all the people that have died this year alone , people that you watched or listened to, laughed at or with over the years and found myself wondering, how can that be???? I can't help but wonder if there are others who feel the same. Except for the usual aches and pains of being 75, I'm in good health. I take Tai Chi classes twice a week and during the school year volunteer at a Jump Start pre-school class. It is fun in spite of being exposed to all the new germs they bring me while I read to them -- I had a cold this year for the first time in more than ten years.

No comments: