Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Grumpy Syndrome

I woke up too early, it was gray and gloomy and so was I. But the clouds are burning off, there's a hint of blue, a sliver of sunlight -- who knows it'll probably turn out to be a beautiful day, if you want to believe the weather man, but we all know that's risky.

Obviously on a gloomy day my thoughts turn to politics and I've so had it with this administration and George Bush -- I'm ashamed to admit I'm originally from Texas even though I haven't lived there in nearly twenty years. I still have family there and my oldest son lives there, so I do visit, but I don't talk about it. I don't think I'm the only one by any means who is almost desperate for change, it's obvious from what you read on various blogs and websites, hear on TV. People don't hesitate to pour out their anger, discontent and disgust. It's so sad to see our country in the shape that it's in thanks to the past eight years of Bushism. I've about gotten to the point that I can't watch TV for very long, of course I've never been a real TV nut anyway. Mostly I watch MSNBC, but lately I haven't even been able to watch that without running the risk of losing my dinner.

I do hope Obama's trip goes well, that he stays safe. He has raised the hopes of so many people who are almost desperate to see, to witness, to experience change and a better and brighter day for our country.

Please, can't someone make November get here a little quicker this year?

Well, that's my grump for the day! I need to see about regaining some of the joy and excitement I was feeling yesterday and that I feel most days.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hello from Kentucky! I was blog hopping and stopped to read yours. I think there are so many people that are sick of Bush and ready for a change. I love the lace curtains and read all your posts. We are so very lucky if we have our health. I try to look at the glass as half full and am thankful for my life and health and that my children are healthy and happy. I hope you like blogging. Please come over and visit me on "The Other Side of the Hill" by clicking on my name in blue at the top of this comment. Your blog name drew my attention since mine is so close to yours. Thanks for letting me visit with you for a while!

Rain Trueax said...

I think we are all feeling grumpy about what has been going on and we worry about Obama's safety given the past in how leaders who promise change, like recently Bhutto, are in danger. I think we have to speak out but keep balance with the fact that there are good things in this life. The problem is will there continue to be if we don't change our ways? And global climate change, who knows where that's heading. I'm with you on MSNBC. I get tired of the spiel no matter who it is and would prefer straight news programs for awhile with no commentary. It's why I get a lot of my news online with newspapers