Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Late Nights

I usually wind down my day by playing solitaire on my computer and listening to some of my favorite classical music. It's a quiet way to undo the knots, soothe the mind, the heart and the soul. Tonight it's Beethoven's Piano Concerto #5 in E Flat and I suddenly discover there are tears in my eyes, not because I'm sad, but because the music is so incredibly beautiful. What a wonderful, glorious thing to have been given such a gift as to be able to write such music! I have lots of favorites and I never tire of listening to them. I'm so grateful to have the music and I've collected a considerable music library over the years. My tastes aren't limited to classical, I just love music period and there's always that particular piece that is perfect for whatever mood you're in and sometimes (more often than not) it's classical, sometimes it's music from the 60s, the 70s and the 80s, pop, country sometimes, it's all about the mood and is such a lovely way to wind down at the end of the day!

1 comment:

mako said...

Music is my life. I, too love listening to all kinds of music. I took classical piano when I was young for 9 years.
1970's I listened to Grateful Dead and came to the States to see them.
I can't live without music.