Friday, September 26, 2008

A Fascinating Distraction

I have a good friend in Dallas, Texas who works at Fossil where my son, David, is also employed. She is a supervisor in the photography department. She’s very interested in photojournalism and sent me these websites. They are fascinating and I thought some of you who are interested in photography might enjoy them. At least, I know I did. They’re truly interesting and beautiful regardless.

Henri Cartier-Bresson, is touted as the father of modern photojournalism. Paula has just discovered his work. These shots are terrific http://www.npg.si.edu/exh/cb/index.htm, but I would never have recognized Truman Capote!

The documentary about Cartier-Bresson is called, “The Impassioned Eye” and is excellent!http://www.palmpictures.com/film/-henri-cartier-bresson-the-impassioned-eye.php. He led a fascinating life and had such an analytical/mathematical perspective on shooting photography.

I found them to be an interesting and refreshing break from politics – at least for a bit, and thought I’d share them with you.

No comments: